Thursday, January 5, 2012

Road Trip Day 2


Day 2


The next morning gathering our camping gear we head out for a hardy nutritious breakfast of eggs, bacon and pancakes, the all American breakfast of champions.

On the road again heading towards Idaho State, let me tell you, I’ve never seen such beautiful scenery. It's a two way lane surrounded by mountains, and tall luscious green trees, while the Clear Water River crosses right under us. We stop several times to stretch our legs and drink in the view.


90 more miles of winding road to reach Montana and the rain starts to hammer from above. Snacking and munching all the way, Hani and I come up with a game to keep us entertained. I come up with a story, were mine ends he picks up to continue and on and on. Until the poor woman in the story finds herself naked, abandoned and hallucinating on cookies in the woods...

It's 12:30am and we're finally in Montana, we make our final coffee stop and it's time for me to take over the wheel. Hani starts getting comfortable and secure that I’d wake him up when we reach the house in Bozeman, which only takes 30 miles. 
That’s how secure my brother was to leave the last 30 miles for me, which is about 30 minutes depending how fast you drive.

I start jamming with the radio to keep myself awake and I pass Bozeman by oh let’s just say by only 60 miles - SHIYZA... AAH Hani I think we're lost. Yep I was so into singing to Sting that I didn't realize until I saw a sign welcoming me to Yellowstone. 
 Well no problem we just need to find a gas station, as the half tank of gas that was supposedly good enough to Bozeman is now on empty and no gas station in sight. We finally find one and my brother pushes me to the passenger side to take over. Well at least he got an hour’s sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment